Hood River County Chamber of Commerce- Harvest Festival
Greetings! Thank you for your interest in the 2018 Hood River Valley Harvest Fest. These guidelines are designed to help you through the application and jury process. Please read through the process before you begin the application. You and everyone who will be working in your booth must read and understand all rules and regulations.
Critical Dates Checklist:
- May 11- Application, Application fee and photos due to HRCCC
- May 31- All applicants will be notified of whether they have been juried into the show
- July 27- Booth Fees and Proof of Insurance must be received by HRCCC by 5pm
- Aug 24- Last day to cancel and receive a refund on booth fees (minus the $50 processing fee)
- Set up for Harvest Fest!
Have your booth ready by noon.
Friday, Oct 12 Open 1-6pm
Saturday, Oct 13 Open 10am-7pm
Sunday, Oct 14 Open 10am-5pm
Eligibility & Application Instructions
Only artists, crafts people, food vendors, and farmers selling their own handcrafted products will be eligible to participate. No dealers, distributors, agents, or representatives will be permitted. All artwork must be original and creative. All produce must be grown on the farm or orchard of the applicant. Work produced from kits, commercial molds, or commercially fabricated forms are not permitted. The exhibitors must have enough merchandise for all three days of the event. The committee urges exhibitors to demonstrate their process to the festival guests if at all possible.
To apply for the 2018 Harvest Fest, please complete this application, attach three photos of your work (including at least one of your booth), and pay the $31.00 ($1 PayPal fee included). Applications will not be considered complete until the application fee is paid and all materials are complete. The deadline to submit all materials is May 12, 2018 at 5:00pm.
Your photos and application form will be the only criterion used by the jury to approve or disapprove your application. One photo must show an overall view of your booth display. The other two photos must be an accurate representations of all work to be exhibited. Photos and any samples you choose to send will not be returned to you.
A jury will view your submitted photos with your application and make its selection based on originality, artistic conception, and quality of workmanship. Only those items accepted by the jurors will be permitted at the show. You will receive notification of the results of the selection process by May 31, 2018.
The Hood River County Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to include or exclude any vendor at their discretion, at any time.
Application and Booth Fees
All applicants must submit a separate payment for the $31.00 application fee with your application. If you choose to send a check for your application fee, make checks payable to “HRCCC”, memo: Harvest Fest. (note: your application is not complete until payment is received)
You will receive notification of the results of the selection process by May 31, 2018. If accepted into the show, your booth fees and proof of insurance will be due by July 27, 2018 at 5:00 pm to avoid forfeiture of your booth space reservation. Refunds for cancelled booth space reservations will not be issued after August 24, 2018. There will be a $50.00 processing fee assessed on all refunds.
Your space will be forfeited if you fail to pay the booth fee and proof of insurance in full by the July 27 deadline. If your payment for your booth fee doesn’t clear our bank, your booth space will be forfeited.
Waiver, Release, and Indemnification
Applicant assumes liability for all booth workers.
In consideration of acceptance of my application in the Hood River Valley Harvest Fest:
1. I hereby agree to comply with all rules and regulations of the Harvest Fest and its Directors.
2. For myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns, I hereby:
a) Waive and release any and all claims that I may have against the Harvest Fest, its Event Committee, its officers, directors, members, volunteers, employees, agents, sponsors, the Hood River Chamber of Commerce, or any one or more of them or their executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, or assigns (the “releasees”), including any and all claims for damage caused by participation in the event and its related activities, together with any costs including attorney’s fees that may be incurred as a result of any such claim whether valid or not and
b) Indemnify and hold harmless the releasees and each of them against any such claim that I or my guests or any one ormore of my or their executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors or assigns may have to assert and against any costs, including attorney’s fees with respect thereto.
3. I hereby acknowledge that I have sole responsibility for my personal possessions and equipment during the Harvest Festand its related activities.
4. I release the Harvest Fest event, its Event Committee, its officers, directors, members, volunteers, employees, agents, sponsors and the Hood River Chamber of Commerce of any liability in the event of injury or death during the event and its related activities.
5. I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advised in the event of an injury, accident and/or illness during the Harvest Fest event.
6. I hereby permit the free use of my name and picture in broadcasts, telecasts and the press as they pertain to the Harvest Fest event.
7. I hereby agree that in the event of a cancellation due to a storm, rain, inclement weather, or other “acts of God,” my application shall be non-refundable.
8. I will conduct myself in a professional manner as a representative of the Hood River Valley Harvest Fest.
Please note: Booths must be ready to open at Noon on Friday. No teardown before closing time at 5pm on Sunday. A supervising adult must be present in the booth at all times.
Participant agrees to be open for business during all event hours: Friday: 1–6pm, Saturday: 10am–6pm, Sunday: 10am–5pm
Hood River Valley Harvest Fest Festival Rules and Regulations
The following apply to all participants regardless of category:
1. If accepted into Harvest Fest, all participants must provide a Certificate of Liability Insurance that shows:
a. coverage for the dates of the festival and set-up day (October 11-14, 2018)
b. coverage limited of $1,000,000 for Food Vendors, $300,000 for Art/Craft and Agriculture Vendors
c. Hood River County Chamber of Commerce is listed as “Additional Insured”
2. All crafts and prepared foods must be handmade by the vendor. It is a hallmark of the Harvest Fest that shoppers can meet and talk with the person who made the item they are considering purchasing. We encourage all vendors to do demonstrations of their creative process as much as possible. We do not accept resale items or imported merchandise. Any item not meeting this qualification will not be accepted into the Harvest Fest. The Harvest Fest Committee reserves the right to view each booth after set-up and to require that any items not previously accepted be removed immediately.
3. For agricultural products, preference will be given to locally grown produce. However, to ensure variety, some non-locally grown produce may be allowed at the discretion of the Jury Committee.
4. If you use a commercial pattern, please check the copyright and copyright regulations.
5. Booth placement is at the discretion of the Harvest Fest Committee. No specific booth space is guaranteed.
6. Your booth number sign (provided to you at check-in) must be displayed in the upper right corner of you booth during all hours of the show. All booths must fit within their designated space. You may be asked to change your booth if it is extending your display into the aisles or your neighbor’s booth space.
7. A supervising adult (21 years and older) must be present at all times.
8. No alcohol consumption by vendors is allowed during festival hours.
9. Booths must be open for business during all festival hours. No early breakdown is allowed.
10. Please do not take more than 20 minutes in the loading/unloading area.
11. Hay, straw, or similar materials are not allowed inside the art/craft tent.
12. Animals are not allowed on the grounds with the exception of service animals.
13. Dress warm (in layers)! No generators or heaters are allowed inside individual booths.
14. There are two (2) 110v outlets available per booth. All extension cords must be 3-wire; plug-in strips must have a circuit breaker. If during the show it is determined by Harvest Fest Committee members that your displays is causing the power circuit to trip, you may be asked to reduce your power consumption.
15. All applicable health codes must be followed. A Hood River County Food Handler’s Permit must be obtained from the Health Department (Call 541-386-1115) if you are selling or distributing any prepared foods. Also, any applicable state licenses must be obtained for your business to participate.
16. Festival organizers discourage photography by guests during the show; official Harvest Fest photographers will identify themselves to the booth attendant before taking pictures.
17. The Harvest Fest Committee will act as booth monitors. Their duty will be to ensure that all participants adhere
to all Harvest Fest Rules and Regulations. If any vendor in any way does not adhere to the Harvest Fest Rules and Regulations, please locate a booth monitor and advise them of the location and booth number in question. The monitor will work with the participant to resolve the issue.
18. Harvest Fest jurors will be monitoring booths and products that were juried into the show throughout the event.
Produce booth participants are not allowed to sell prepared food items, crafts, or commercially made items.
Indoor food applicants may assemble and heat prepared items only, no open cooking or preparing food on site. Indoor food applicants should check “Outdoor Food” if food items need to be prepared or cooked on site. There will be no food prepared in the art/craft tent.
Hood River County Chamber of Commerce 720 E Port Marina Drive, Hood River, OR 97031Phone: (541) 386-2000Fax: (541) 386-2057 firstname.lastname@example.org/harvest-fest