Shoreline Arts Trail
WELCOME TO THE SHORELINE ARTSTRAIL CALL FOR ARTISTS 2018!
We invite artists to register to join the Shoreline ArtsTrail and participate in Open Studios Weekend 2018.
Open to artists residing in the Connecticut shoreline towns of Branford, Guilford, and Madison. All entries must be original and executed within the past 3 years.
- Entry Deadline: April 23, 2018
- Artist Notification: Week of April 27, 2018
About The Shoreline ArtsTrail
The Shoreline ArtsTrail announces its 17th annual Open Studios Weekend on November 10th and 11th, 2018. Approximately 40 member artists who live and work in Branford, Guilford, and Madison show and sell their work during the weekend from 10 am to 4 pm. Artists with media such as ceramics and pottery, stained and fused glass, paintings, jewelry, sculpture, weaving, prints, photography, textiles, quilts, paper and wood are invited to apply to this event. Member artists are asked to demonstrate, answer questions and open their studios for the entire weekend to the public. During the Open Studios Weekend, the distinctive yellow “Open Studio” signs are placed to point visitors in the right direction. The Shoreline ArtsTrail is an artist-run organization and all members are required to volunteer.
BENEFITS: inclusion on ArtsTrail map and website (www.shorelineartstrail.com); state-wide publicity via print and online media; brochure/maps distributed to libraries, town halls and visitors’ centers and available for personal use; and year-round marketing, networking and social media opportunities.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION
- All new artists must complete the online Application through this system (YouJudgeIt).
- Must be an artist living or working in Branford, Guilford, or Madison.
- If you want to participate but you do not have a studio, there are studio-sharing options.
- Must participate from 10 am to 4 pm the weekend of the Shoreline ArtsTrail Open Studios.
- Work must reflect mastery of methods and materials, originality of concept, and be handmade by the artist in his/her studio.
- Excluded: Manufactured or mass-produced items, i.e. food, dried flowers, t-shirts, or items made from kits.
- All members are required to volunteer throughout the year
- Annual dues ($275 plus $35 membership to Guilford Art Center) must be paid by May 1, 2018.
HOW TO APPLY:To apply for this Call for Entry, please Register with Youjudgeit and create a free profile. Be sure to fill out ALL of your contact information in your profile. (Entries without completed contact information will not be considered.)
After you complete your profile, access the Shoreline ArtsTrail Application through the Dashboard option above. Please fill out all of the requested information, and be prepared to upload 3 high-resolution images.
The entry deadline is April 23, 2017. Jurying will take place in April and artists will be notified the week of April 27, 2017.
Note: You’ll be able to save your work and return to the application if you need additional time to complete your submission.
Please contact Barbara Shulman-Kirwin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203.314.3250 with any questions.
Submission Checklist• Complete the application form• Upload at least 3 high-resolution images*• $10 application fee. All fees are nonrefundable.• Be sure to SUBMIT the application when it is completed.
* Image Requirements: Please provide quality digital photos of your work to complete this application. Please submit high-resolution JPG images (72dpi, at least 2400pixels on the longest side). Upon acceptance of your application, your images may be used for printed material and promotions. If you are having problems with the image requirement, please contact Steve above.